Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Birthday to Remember

On my 12th. birthday I remember being in the family room with both of my Grannies. It was the only family event in my life that I remember both of them being in our house at the same time. (usually we went to their houses)

They were trying to outdo each other and show off for me. These two 55 year old women were doing splits and cartwheels and dancing the Charleston in their house dresses and their very high, Church of God Lady updo's.

We were laughing and having a most excellent time. I don't remember anything else about that birthday. I probably remember that because they went out of their way to tell me

"THIS WILL BE A BIRTHDAY THAT YOU WILL NEVER FORGET. BOTH YOUR GRANNIES DOING SPLITS AT THE SAME TIME! IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN"

and it didn't.

No comments: