In this picture of a Country Tea Party are my Mom and my Uncle Bud. The last time I visited her she told me about the lovely tea parties she used to have and the pretty white table where she had them. She still has the tea set to this day. She was the teacher's pet of her third grade teacher and that teacher is who bought the tea set for her.
Saturday, November 19, 2011
After the Corporate Grinch decided to steal my Christmas, my fellow Fruth Employees were so enraged that they went together and bought me the George Foreman Grill that I was going to buy with part of my Christmas Bonus.
They also sign a lovely Happy Thanksgiving card to me.
People like my coworkers are the reason I keep working at Fruth.
Thursday, November 17, 2011
1. No Christmas Bonus for me this year. They did away with them for part time employees. No notice whatsoever! SUCKS!
2. I did get a coupon for $12 to buy a turkey. The cheapest one is $18.
3. I bought a very large chicken. First time ever I won't have a turkey.
4. I could drive to my mom's house but her house is the most depressing place in the world for holidays. She hates holidays and she won't let anybody help her. So I visited her last week. I'll go see her again in a couple of weeks and call her on the actual holidays.
5. I am warm and happy and safe.
6. I am aggravated.
7. Should I keep Blockbuster or go back to Netflix?
8. Eddie and I renewed our friendship. We are aggravated with each other all ready. WE BOTH NEED SPACE.
9. I'm going to work a few extra hours tomorrow. I am broke because I didn't do it earlier in the month but I couldn't because I thought I was going to get a BIG BONUS!!!!
10. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
When I left my ex husband I shouldn't have come home to West Virginia. There was no doubt in my mind that I could succeed without him. I was a sucessful trainer in my own right. I could have started over any where that there was a dog track or a puppy farm and I would have been fine.
I should have been fine here too.
But somewhere along the way I lost track of the dog business because I was trying to keep my family happy. It was a big mistake because there was no way to juggle both of them. In trying to be successful at each one I ended up failing at both.
I should have ignored my family. I had done well on my own for my entire adult life. Once I had to factor in my family then I couldn't keep any of them happy. The dog business suffered. My relationship with my family suffered.
Even though I was on the verge of sucess in the dog business again, I didn't quite make it. When I didn't quite make it then there was no one to support me in my family. I keep reading about supportive families. I hear there is such a thing. I don't have one.
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Every week there are about 100 entry forms in our buildings lobby to win a truck at the local Tudor's Restaurant. They throw them away.
I have decided to enter all of them!!!
I fill out a few everyday and when I am out running errands and I pass by a Tudors I go inside and enter the contest. So far I have entered at 3 different restaurants. I am entering at different restaurants because they also give out a $100 gift certificate at each restaurant.
So, not only am I going to win a shiney red Ranger but I am also going to win several $100 gift ceritificates! I might as well dream big if I'm going to dream.
I guess I should add that I tried to win last year but on a much smaller scale.
I should also add that I am usually pretty lucky at these kinds of drawings. I have won a months worth of free gas and $100 twice and 3 bags of groceries once before. Hopefully I haven't used up all my luck.
I am due.