Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I had a bee in my bonnet...so to speak

Today when I was waiting in line at the food pantry (I picked up food for 9 people today) a bee flew under my shirt. I was wearing a tank top under a baggy shirt, so pulling the shirt off was not a big deal. I told my friend Eddie there was a bee under my shirt but he didn't see anything so I put the blouse back on. The bee must have been in my hair because a few seconds later I felt it on my chest. I swatted it off and Eddie promptly stomped it.

It reminded me of the time when I was about 14 years old and a yellow jacket flew up my pants. It started stinging me and I was hopping and screaming into the utility room. (fortunately I was right beside the back yard when it happenned) I couldn't pull my pants off fast enough. When I got them off I had seven bee stings running from my knee up my thigh. It was incredibly painful.

So much for the myth that a bee only stings once. I guess that because it was in my tight jeans that the stinger couldn't come out like it normally would and it just kept stinging me as I danced and hopped and screamed!

No comments: