Friday, October 9, 2009

I Love a Good Scare (NOT)

I was driving down a mountain in the middle of a kiss your ass turn (that is a turn so sharp that you are kissing your own ass while you make it!). I went to apply the brake and nothing!

If you want to feel your heart sink and genuinely panic then just drive down a mountain in rural West Virginia with no brakes! I careened down the mountain pumping the brakes and there wasn't the least bit of tension in them. I was trying to downshift with no success and using every inch of road to make it down the hill. Thank God nobody was coming in the other direction because we both would have been dead.

When I got to the foot of the mountain the brake decided it would work. I pulled off on the side of the road and promptly had a good cry. I took the truck back to my brother and he had a good time saying "I TOLD YOU SO!"

(He had warned me not to take the truck and I wouldn't listen to him.)

No comments: