Friday, March 4, 2011

I had a bee in my bonnet...so to speak

When I was about 14 years old a yellow jacket flew up my pants. It started stinging me and I started to hop and scream into the utility room. (fortunately I was right beside the back yard door when it happened) I couldn't pull my pants off fast enough. When I got them off I had seven bee stings running from my knee up my thigh. It was incredibly painful.

So much for the myth that a bee only stings once. I think that because it was in my very tight jeans that the stinger couldn't come out like it normally would and it just kept stinging me as I danced and hopped and screamed!

Now that I am a little older, if I were in the same situation I would rip my pants off I don't really care who would be looking. When I was 14 I was much more shy.

No comments: