Sunday, March 1, 2009

Brennan Chrysler Plymouth




These are newspaper articles about my dad's carlot that my Granny Brennan saved. I printed the pictures in the wrong order. Oh well.

One of my favorite stories was about the time a man came running into the showroom of the carlot. Keep in mind the carlot was in rural West Virginia in the 70's. He was upset because he was on his way to the hospital with his wife, she was in labor, and his car had broken down. My dad threw him the keys to a car and told him to bring it back when everything was over. (my dad didn't even know this man)

Later that day the man called my mom at home to thank her for the car and to tell her they had a baby boy. He wanted to know my dad's full name because he wanted to name the baby after him. She told him that she didn't think that he would want to name the baby after my dad once he found out his whole name.

The man insisted, so she told him my dad's name was "William Arnold". The man hesitated a second and then he said, "How about I name him "William Andrew", and so "William Andrew" came into the world.

No comments: