Monday, May 24, 2010

My Last Big Secret

Anybody who has been reading my blog for awhile knows that I have divulged pretty much everything about myself - both good and bad. When your at the end you realize that all those secrets that you kept for yourself and for others really don't matter. Here is my last big secret...unless I happen to think of another one anyway.

I was pregnant in 1990. It ended in a miscarriage. That is not the secret. The secret is that the baby was not my husband, Bobby's. It was his brother, Dexter's baby. I did not have an affair. The child was conceived through artificial insemination which was a fairly new procedure back then.

We did not use a clinic or a doctor. I went to the library and read up on everything I could find about it and we did it ourselves. Dexter would give us "a donation". Bobby would pick it up and inseminate me. We tried for 6 months before we were sucessful.

At the 10 week mark I had a miscarriage. I was devastated emotionally by it. I never tried again.

No comments: