Saturday, May 5, 2012

Did You Sleep With Stuffed Animals When You Were a Kid?

I did.

In fact, fully half of my full sized bed was full of stuffed animals. I slept with my sister, Rhonda until we moved into our new house when I was in the 5th. grade. Then we got our own rooms. I guess I missed her and I was kind of scared so I filled my bed so full of stuffed animals that there was barely room for me in my own bed. They made me feel better. Not so alone.

I had one bear that was about 3 foot tall and he was like another person by himself. Then there was the mannequin head that my mom bought us for make up and hairdo's and stuff. I was scared to death of it. I used to hide it in my closet at night and turn it to face the wall. Then I would still shut the door tightly behind her.

Then I would flip off the light switch and try to dive under the covers before it got dark! I never did beat the dark???

Later when my nephew was one he was in the hospital with spinal meningitis. It was also his first birthday. My dad and I went together and bought him a 5 foot tall teddy bear which he dubbed "father bear" when he was old enough to name his own stuffed animals.

Both he and my niece had bunk beds and one of their bunks was for sleep and the other was for all their stuffed animals. They were raised in the same house I grew up in. Arny had my old room and Becca had Rhonda's.

No comments: