Wednesday, January 20, 2010

One Thank You Made It All Worthwhile

I ran into my exnephew yesterday. (exnephew is a strange enough expression in itself but I won't get into that) I had not seen him since he was 16 years old. He is 31 now. He was obviously glad to see me and before I could say anything he said, "first of all I want to apologize to you and second I want to thank you."

I won't get into the reason for the apology, as I told him I chalked up what happened between us to him being a teenager. I did however thank him for it because I did deserve it. I could tell the apology was heartfelt and something that he had wanted to tell me for years. (I have not seen any of my exhusband's family since I left him)

Then he started to thank me for all the things I had done for him as a child. Dwayne had a hard childhood filled with every kind of abuse that no child should have to endure. Bobby and I worked hard to give him a childhood.

oops, I'll finish later

No comments: