Sunday, January 24, 2010

to: fairnessaskenb

I was raised as a little princess of very rich parents. I was kicked out of the house when I was 18 after a fight with my brother in which he threatened to kill me. My dad got mad when I went to my parents about it and told me I was only trying to cause trouble and kicked me out.

Thus the rebellious stage. The "Oscar" phase happened about 2 months later. About 2 months after the story I wrote about in the previous blog Oscar, James and I were all arrested for breaking in a store (I have blogged about that already somewhere in this blog). Oscar and James went to prison for about a year and a half.

Because of my family's clout I was given community service. It was not a slap on the wrist. I did 20 hours a week for about 6 month. I did such a good job that the community action agency, P.R.I.D.E. in Logan County, Inc., hired me for the other 3 days per week and then my community service was reduced to 16 hours per week. I then became Director of the Child Care Food Program where I wored until I left the job to go to Beauty School.

James and Oscar were out of prison about a year and a half after the robbery. They both have spent their lives in and out of jail. I have spent my life working and trying to make a difference (lots of blogs about what I have done). I partied too much but I always had good jobs that paid well until my divorce. Now I am disabled with heart failure. I still work part time.

That is the answer to your question in a nutshell. Hard to make a whole life fit in a nutshell.

No comments: