Thursday, June 3, 2010

MOMMY! MOMMY!

I was shopping in a thrift store last year when I observed a cute little girl of about 6 years of age in the toy section. She was a little dirty and her clothes were shabby and she was looking wistfully at the run down toy selection.

I walked over and handed her a dollar and told her she could use that to buy some toys and started to walk away. Her eyes brightened excitedly and she started to SCREAM, "MOMMY! MOMMY! THE LADY GAVE ME A DOLLAR, A WHOLE DOLLAR! MOMMY! MOMMY!" Of course everybody in the stored heard this screaming child and flew to her side. I was slinking out the door praying that nobody tackled me because they thought I was a child molester or something.

When a child screams in that particular tone, nobody actually listens to what they are saying, they just rush to help. In her excitement that little girl almost got me arrested!

No comments: