Thursday, July 22, 2010

I Ran Away From Home...

when I was in the third grade. I had packed some clothes and as many toys as I could carry probably weeks beforehand, but I could not wake up in the middle of the night like I planned to actually do the running. One day my mom discovered my packed clothes and asked me about them and I told her that "I was running away to where nobody would ever tell me what to do." So she told me that I had to either go right then or I wouldn't be allowed to go. I chose to go.

I took my little sister with me (she was 5) and we left in the rain to run away carrying as many toys as we could. We made it all the way to the big curve before we decided that maybe this wasn't such a good idea and we turned around to go back home. Unfortunately my mom and dad locked us out of the house and wouldn't let us back in. We banged and banged on the front and back doors but they yelled out and told us they didn't have any daughters anymore.

Finally we had to climb through the broken window pane into the basement (which unfortunately led into the scary room) We NEVER went in the scary room because there was no light in there and it was scary, but it was the only way into the house. We went to the top of the basement stairs and begged to be let back in because that door was locked too. They finally let us back in and my dad gave us a huge whippin'. and sent us to our room. We were so grateful to be back home we didn't care.

No comments: