Friday, December 31, 2010

I've been to alot of great parties and ate a lot of great food with a lot of great friends while partying harder than most people on the planet.

I usually love to blog about past and present experiences with my holidays. But basically the New Year's blogs would all be about the same. Either I was too blitzed out of my mind to remember the holiday (even if I were working) or I was too worn out from working to stay awake to see the ball drop.

I've been to alot of great parties and ate a lot of great food with a lot of great friends while partying harder than most people on the planet .

explanation:

How do you party and work at the same time? If you are a greyhound trainer you have an extra matinee to work because it is a holiday. Therefore I would be working from 6 a.m. until almost midnight nonstop on every holiday. I could still party because there is not too much in the world more fun than to get drunk or smoke a joint and go play in a turnout pen with 50 or 100 greyhounds. They had a blast and so did I.

Of course track management frowns on such practices but the old joke is (and it's true) that if they would drug test everybody in the compound and then kick them out, there would be no one to take care of over 1000 dogs. Management turns their head as long as no one raises too much hell.

No comments: