Friday, December 31, 2010

My 2010

I guess the biggest change in my life is that I seem to have settled into a routine. I have never had a set routine in my life - I was always too busy living life to worry about doing the same thing day after day after day. NOT THE CASE ANYMORE.

I wake up in the middle of the night usually. Sometimes I watch tv and sometimes I do a few chores or just go outside if the weather is nice and relax. Around 4 a.m. I take a fluid pill that forces me to wake up every half hour or so to empty my bladder. I do this so that I can peacefully start my day without having to worry about running to public restrooms while I am running any errands I may have.

I take my morning meds around 11:30 and rest awhile. If I am having a bad day I just stay in bed hoping for my body's natural 3 p.m. wake up call. It seems that is when I get a burst of energy if I am going to have one that day - it doesn't always happen.

At 2 p.m. Eddie and I watch One Life to Live at his apartment and we play a game of rummy - usually. Then we go our separate ways or hang out - whatever we feel like doing that day. Usually he comes to my apartment a little after 6 and we watch a movie if I have one. If not I go out and feed the squirrels (weather permitting) while he walks. He walks several miles a day - it helps to keep his pain level down.

I work 2 evenings a week as a cashier at Fruth pharmacy. About once a month I throw in an extra shift to see how my body recovers.

I blog almost every day according to when I have access to a computer in the building or if I have to go to the public library. Throw in a doctor's appointment here and there and basically that is my boring life.

I wouldn't be able to tolerate it if I weren't so sick. I had a lot of years of doing a lot of exciting things so I really don't have any regrets about not doing something or another. I've done most of what I wanted to do. I expected to be going full speed ahead at this point in my life and making money hand over fist but, alas, it was not to be.

I am reasonable content. I have no worries other than my health and my body will take care of that in it's own time - there is nothing I can do about it.

No comments: