Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sneak Attack!

I had an appointment with my heart doctor last Tuesday. I thought everything was fine and I was waiting for the receptionist to make an appointment for 3 months from now when she got on the phone and said, "I need a stress test asap!". I thought she was calling about someone else so when she looked at me and said, "are you fasting? can you do it today?" I looked around to see who she was talking to.

So I had a stress test. It was miserable as usual. They found a blockage (apparently) so now I have to have a heart cath on the 29th. I still haven't recovered from the stress test and the heart cath is going to make the stress test look like a walk in the park. I am considering not doing it. He didn't find anything the last time he did one and I don't see where it will improve my life at all.

I have an appointment to talk to my heart doctor the same morning as the stress test. I don't imagine he is going to be pleased if I tell him I'm not doing it. We'll see.

Since I have been hibernating this week (and will continue to do so if the weather report is any indication) I have much of my Christmas decorating finished. All I want to do is put icicles on the top part of my tree but I am too weak and unsteady to do that. Eddie has promised to do it for me but he is busy with his own stuff. He has been feeding me this week and he likes fatty catty more than he will admit so I know I won't have to worry about her when I go in the hospital for the heart cath.

I plan to see my mom Christmas day. I haven't been able to make my early visit because of my health and the weather so I figured I would just go Christmas Day. I told her not to cook or do anything stressful but I know she won't listen and I will just take the day as it comes.

sigh

No comments: