Friday, January 14, 2011

"mama killed a chicken..."

My dad used to sing this song to us when we were children much to my mom's chagrin. I am not sure but the song probably has it's roots in an Appalachian folksong. It is meant to be sung boisterously.

When you sing it, put the emphasis on the first word and belt out the rest of each line real fast!

Maa-ma! killed a chicken but she thought it was a duck.

Pu-ut! it in the pot with it's feet stickin' up.

Coould-n't! keep from laughin' to save my soul.

As the grease ran out - the old ducks elbow!

on that last line you sing the first part fast and add on the last part. (make it rhyme)

I have a feeling that my mom would get mad because these are probably the actual words to that song:

Maa-ma! killed a chicken and she didn't give a fuc@ !

Pu-ut! it in the pot with it's ass stickin' up.

Coould-n't! keep from laughin' to save my soul.

As the grease ran out - the old duck's asshol@ !

No comments: