Saturday, June 25, 2011

Remember Vacation Bible School

We used to love Vacation Bible School.

Our family didn't belong to a church, although we went with grandparents or friends occasionally. Church and Sunday School were generally pretty boring and of course you have to be on your best behavior when in church.

When summer came we would get invitations to Bible School and we would have a blast. It was a relaxed way to have fun. Of course everything was Bible oriented but that's OK. It wasn't like work or anything. We would have arts and crafts and sing and there was the obligatory kool-aid and cookies which would have been enough in itself to keep we three in attendance.

I still remember my favorite song they taught us one year. We went around singing it forever. It has a catchy tune and was meant to be sung loud and strong which happens to be my specialty when singing.

The B-I-B-L-E

Oh, that's the book for me!

The word of God.

The love of God.

The B-I-B-L-E!

That's right!

No comments: