Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Biggest Mistake I Ever Made

When I left my ex husband I shouldn't have come home to West Virginia. There was no doubt in my mind that I could succeed without him. I was a sucessful trainer in my own right. I could have started over any where that there was a dog track or a puppy farm and I would have been fine.

I should have been fine here too.

But somewhere along the way I lost track of the dog business because I was trying to keep my family happy. It was a big mistake because there was no way to juggle both of them. In trying to be successful at each one I ended up failing at both.

I should have ignored my family. I had done well on my own for my entire adult life. Once I had to factor in my family then I couldn't keep any of them happy. The dog business suffered. My relationship with my family suffered.

Even though I was on the verge of sucess in the dog business again, I didn't quite make it. When I didn't quite make it then there was no one to support me in my family. I keep reading about supportive families. I hear there is such a thing. I don't have one.

No comments: