Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Kudos to Huntington Bank

I want to take a minute to give Huntington Bank of West Virginia a pat on the back.

If I would not have gotten sick my truck would have been paid off this month (probably early but this was the actual month from the original loan). I still have my truck because they were so willing to work with me about my payments. I don't remember the exact course of events because I was so sick but I do know they let me go several months with no payment whatsoever. Then for about 6 months I made partial payments (usually just the interest).

If more banks would work with people like they did me then maybe this country wouldn't be in the mess it is in right now. As it stands my little red ranger will be paid off in January or February, I am not sure which. At least I still have the truck.

That is how my dad did business. I still remember when I was working for him as a secretary when I was only 15. The first time somebody came in and wanted to make only a partial payment I panicked. I called my dad and he came out and promptly apologized to the people for my reaction. He explained that I was young and didn't know any better (which they could see). After they left he explained to me that a partial payment was better than no payment. They get to keep the truck and he doesn't have to reposess it and try to resell it.

Everybody wins!

No comments: