Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Truck is Fixed! My Truck is Fixed!

This is a monumental load off my mind. At first the mechanic told me it was the alternator and it would cost almost $400.00. This was terrible but doable. I talked to my landlord and he said I could wait until next month to pay my rent. That money plus my whole next paycheck and a small loan from Eddie was going to get me my truck. What a relief. I was going to be broke for a few months but at least I would have my truck.

It took one walk to the bustop for me to learn that my entire life is dependent on that truck. I have always known it in theory. It was a whole another ballgame to prove that without that truck I would be dead. Things were looking pretty bleak for me.

Then they called back and told me it was just the battery afterall. It was only going to cost me $131.00. I was thrilled. I will be able to pay part of my rent this month and I won't have any problem playing catch up next month because I just won't make my truck payment. It is paid ahead a month. That was my way of putting money in the bank.

I can't have money in the bank because I have very poor impulse control now. I didn't used to be this way, I think it is lack of oxygen that causes it. So instead of trying to save money (which never happens - if I have it I spend it) I just take any little extra I have and make a bigger car payment. This worked out fine except it was going to take a month for me to get to the money because I had just made a payment the day before.

Anyway I have my truck. I can work again. I had to call in sick the other night because I can't schlep my O2 to the bustop and I don't make enough to pay a cab to take me to and from work. My boss was not pleased but she also knew the situation was unavoidable.

sorry for the boring blog. But I'm happy.

No comments: