Saturday, May 8, 2010

Now it's Thank God for City Boys

Apparently something else besides the battery is wrong with my truck. I broke down again yesterday in the middle of a very busy intersection right in the middle of town. I knew if I didn't get my truck out of the way the first policeman that came along would just call a tow truck and I didn't want to deal with that.

I had been there less than a minute when I saw a young man and a girl pull up and motion to me to see if I needed help. He jumped out of his truck and pushed my truck out of the way. The girl was a nurses aide and she panicked when she saw my oxygen tank. I told her I had a bad heart and the first thing she said was "you can't be in this heat." I told her I knew that but I had no choice at the moment.

Her boyfriend tried to jump my truck. It didn't work. He was probably a landscaper or something from looking at the stuff in the back of his truck. He pulled out a chain and hooked it to my truck and started trying to pull my truck. We were on a little hill and he was going in reverse and didn't have quite enough power when all of a sudden a man pulled behind me in his truck and gave us enough of a push that we were able to get my truck to a parking space so I didn't have to worry about being towed away.

Then the young couple took me home and refused any money for gas or their time. I am grateful to city boys today. I guess I have to eat my words from the other blog I did. I don't mind.

No comments: