Monday, November 22, 2010

Another Fine Moment At Lee Terrace

I was taking the trash out last night and when I came back in the building I heard a strange noise. I stopped to listen because it was 11:30 at night and I shouldn't have been hearing anything.

It stopped and started a couple of times and then I figured out what it was. Somebody was trying to shake stuff out of the candy machine in the dining room. It took me a minute to figure out what it was because it sounded like a washing machine that has too much stuff in it.

I sneaked onto the elevator while I heard the noise because I didn't know who or what condition the person may have been in who was doing this. I went to my apartment and called the police. It took them their usual 6 minutes to respond which is pretty good time considering this was probably a minor offense on the grand scale of things.

I don't know if they found anybody because I was afraid to leave my room. I left a note on the machine this morning to let the candyman know what had happened and a note with the manager so he can review video footage. There was a lot of candy and chips missing from the machine this morning and it was setting askew when I went in the dining room to check on it.

Oh well, another fine moment at Lee Terrace.

No comments: