Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Great Bubblegum Machine Fiasco!

This was a classic moment in Fruth History!

I was working the front register. I looked up to see a woman shaking the gumball machine. I knew as soon as I saw her that it would tip over because it was top heavy but before I could warn her it started to fall on her in slow motion!

She was fighting valiently to keep it from falling. Standing right in front of her were Anita and Judy but they were facing me - not facing her and they didn't have a clue what was happening right behind them!

I tried to yell at them to help her but nothing would come out. I was gesturing and pointing and stammering and they were looking at me like I was crazy. I didn't have time to even move to help her myself.

Finally I managed to yell, "HELP HER" and they turned around. By this time the woman was flat on the ground with the bubblegum machine on top of her. Thankfully it didn't break and she had gone down so slowly that she wasn't hurt either. Anita and Judy rushed to pick up the gumball machine and the woman laughed as she stood up unhurt.

She said she would never shake another gumball machine again!

No comments: