Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I Never Had Lice in My Life Until...

I went through my entire childhood without lice. I was one of the few who made it through beauty school with no lice. This was unusual because when a customer would come in with it they wouldn't even finish the haircut. They would send them home with a recommendation about how to take care of it and then they would shut down all 4 stations (which were connected in a square) and make everybody disinfect everything around them. Usually the students who had the patrons with lice would end up with it anyway and so would the people at the surrounding stations.

I never got it once.

I did hundreds of haircuts over the years for the guys at the track and I never got it either. Then I started to do haircuts during my lunch at Fruth. One day I was cutting, she who shall remain nameless' hair, when I saw a nit. She is very clean but she had picked them up anyway. Then, dummy me, was nice enough to check her children for her. They both had full scale infestations. She bought the medicine to treat herself and her kids and begged me not to tell anyone so I didn't because she had taked care of the problem.

Two Weeks Later I Had Lice in my very long, very thick, blonde hair. I treated it at least 4 times before I was finally satisfied that I had no critters. The bad part was that I had to tell everyone in the store that I had them so that they could check themselves. It was one thing for one person in the store to have them but quite another for 2 to have them.

I also kept my mouth shut about where I got them, even though I explained that I wasn't the only one in the store to have them. EVERYBODY BLAMED ME! It didn't matter that I had discoved the problem on someone else and innocently had them transferred to myself. I was the one they knew who had them. I could have kept my mouth shut and hoped for the best but that is not my way. I wanted to make sure that everyone in the store didn't end up with the little critters!

DO YOU THINK THE PERSON WHO GAVE THEM TO ME STEPPED FORWARD SO I DIDN'T HAVE TO TAKE ALL THE HEAT????

HELL NO!

For the umpteenth time in my life I had to take the heat for someone else's actions.

No comments: