Thursday, October 20, 2011

I met a goal...

...something I so seldom do.

My medical expenses can be deducted from my rent after the first 3 percent. So the more I can spend on medical the better because that gives me that much more to spend every year. The review is once a year. If I don't spend the money on medical expenses then I have to pay the same amount in rent anyway so, of course, the only smart thing to do is to spend the money.

I just had my review. My rent is going down to $276 monthly starting in December. The most my rent can cost me is $335 so I am saving $59 monthly. I need about $1300 worth of dental work so I will be able to do that now. IF MY CAR DOESN'T ACT UP AND FORCE ME TO USE THE MONEY THERE.

I knew I was going to have to buy 2 new tires before winter. I bought 2 last March. So what happens? I ran over something and now I have to buy 3 new tires. I'll get 2 this month (my original plan) and I'll get one in December. The bed of my truck is rusting and I have to buy a bedliner after I patch the hole. That will be a couple hundred at least.

The good news is I paid the truck off last April. That is why I could afford to pay more on medical expenses. Hopefully by this time next year I will be able to deduct even more from my rent. Maybe then I can afford to get heart rehab therapy, something I need because I don't seem to be able to get well on my own and the insurance will not pay for it.

No comments: