Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Brush with Fame

It has been a long standing joke that I have never washed my truck since the day I bought it. Nope not once. Amazingly enough everybody always comments on what a pretty truck I have. Since I bought it in 2005 and it is a 2003 model, you really wouldn't think it should look as good as it does. But it does.

Anyway I called my friend Rusty, who sold me the truck yesterday. The dealership is giving away tickets to a Landau Eugene Murphy Concert and I wanted him to enter me in it. Mike Ferrell Ford is the dealership where he worked washing cars before he won America's Got Talent earlier this year.

Rusty asked me about the truck and I told him it was fine. I mentioned in passing that I had never once washed it since I bought it. He started to laugh. He said, "You know what that means don't you?"

"No." I said.

"That means that Landau was the last one to wash your truck! He washed it right before you picked it up!"

I was thrilled. I knew there had to be a reason that I was so adamant about never washing that truck! I have had Landau's fingerprints on it for the past 6 years.

My Little Red Ranger is famous!

No comments: