Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Preacher Forgot the Turkey

Ha Ha

I thought it was hilarious. What was really funny was that nobody that was at the Thanksgiving Dinner last Sunday even noticed it. There was so much other food that they all just dug in.

The local church had a dinner for Lee Terrace on Sunday. As usual, once the opening prayers were closed everybody raced to get in line for the food. I sat back and watched the show. My philosophy is that if they run out of food that is just less calories and salt for me! Everybody was enjoying the meal when I noticed that Pastor Rick was no where to be found. They somebody whispered in my ear that he forgot the turkey. I thought they were joking because everybody was digging in and enjoying their meals. Sure enough, about 20 minutes later he arrived with the turkey. Then everybody got back up and formed a line again!

A good time was had by all.

No comments: