Thursday, December 1, 2011

Lillian Finally Got the Help She Needs

I am so happy that Lillian finally got some help. Lillian is a 90 year old woman who lives in our building. Her mind has been going for the past year. It tried to get her some help from her doctor and she refused to go. I talked to the building manager and also the woman who is supposedly a social worker for the building as well. No one would help her to help herself.

Consequently I would see her out and I always made sure to speak to her and there were plenty of times she didn't know where she was or where she lived. Then the vultures descended. (vultures are the people in the building who look prey on the weak and helpless) They were knocking on her door at all hours of the night. They were "borrowing" money from her because they knew she wouldn't be able to remember loaning it to them in the first place. They were also helping themselves to her possessions, since she was not alert enough to realize she was being robbed in the first place.

I went to the building manager and the social worker when one of her so called friends told me that she had given them a diamond ring. It was truely disgusting watching people take advantage of her.

She was continuously ill for the last year as well. I used to give her food but I had to quit because she was stockpiling it and she had stuff in her pantry and refrigerator that was years out of date. She wouldn't let me clean out her fridge and she stayed sick all the time from the old food she was eating.

She was a real firecracker when she was young. Hell, she was a real firecracker until around a year ago. She told me she had been married 3 times but she didn't count the 2nd. one. She said she just woke up one morning and the man beside her told her that they had gotten married the night before! She didn't have a clue who he was and promptly divorced him!

Last week she went to the track to play the machines. (one of her favorite pasttimes) While there one of the workers, who was nice enough to look after her when she was there, noticed her state of confusion. He called an ambulance for her and they took her to a local hospital's psych ward.

She is still there. Finally getting the help she so desperately needs. I don't look for her to come back, they will probably put her in a nursing home. I hope so anyway.

No comments: