Saturday, December 10, 2011

My Doctor is Happy with My Weight Loss

saw my doctor for a check up yesterday. He was happy with my weight loss even though I still have some excess Thanksgiving fluid to lose. The really good news is that my scales at home are weighing me about 30 lbs. over! I knew they were 10 lbs. over but I had thought I had gained the other 20 lbs. Since I have heart failure it is entirely possible for me to gain 20 lbs. in just a day or two.

I still feel like crap with all the Thanksgiving weight that I am trying to lose but it is getting better everyday. Hopefully things will be fine in a few more days.I have spent the past year eating smaller portions. I gave away all my plates but 2 and I usually eat salad from those. I eat from dessert plates and even saucers. I also gave away all of my big bowls and have recently bought even smaller bowls than the ones I have had this year. That way even if I want 2nds. I can go back and still not have as much as one plate would have been before.

I have decided not to have any mashed potatoes, gravy, mac and cheese or dressing for Christmas. I have just been eating it on holidays anyway but it takes me weeks to get over it. I feel like crap.

I am going to have Peking Duck. I have never had Peking Duck and I have always wanted to try it. It will actually be cheaper than fixing an entire Christmas Dinner anyway. So I'll kill 2 birds with one stone, so to speak.

No comments: