Monday, January 2, 2012

My Hunger Preservation Project

A few years ago I was watching my nephew and one of his friends. We were swimming in the pool and Sis called us in for lunch. I told Tyler, "come on, it's time for Sis's hunger prevention project". He looked at me quizzically and asked me what I was talking about.

I told him, "well, if we go eat lunch, then we will prevent hunger. I believe in preventing hunger whenever possible." He smiled at me and we went into lunch.

The next day I saw Tyler's dad. He said, "I asked Tyler who in the world he had been hanging out with last night."

"Really," I said, "why?"

"Well, I called him into dinner and he thanked me for participating in his hunger preservation project. So, I asked him what in the world he was talking about and he told me about YOUR hunger preservation project?"

I had to laugh.

"I told Tyler that we were going to participate in Sis's hunger prevention project. NOT PRESERVATION. There's a big difference between the two."


He started to laugth. "Well, now it all makes sense. I couldn't figure out what in the world he was talking about last night.

No comments: