1. Mountains - we still have plenty of rugged mountains left to enjoy
2. People - are friendly and go out of their way to help
3. Food - down home country cookin'
4. White Water Rafting - is a blast
5. Hatfield and McCoy Trail System - around 1000 miles of trails through WV and Ky for 4 wheelers mostly but also for horses and hikers.
6. West Virginia University
7. Coal mining - when done properly is a boon to the state, the nation and the people
8. State Parks are like nature preserves
9. Festivals - there is some kind of festival almost every weekend (apple butter, coal miners, arts & crafts, ribs...)
10. Snow skiing - rivals that of anywhere in the nation
11. the cost of living is cheaper than just about anywhere else
12. Robert C. Bryd