Wednesday, May 9, 2012

the lemon yellow living room

My mom had a lemon yellow living room that we adored. The picture doesn't do it justice but it is nice to see because it is the living room of my childhood. On the wall is the picture of the matador fighting the bull. On the other wall is a giant gilded mirror.

The couch came from the furniture store across the street from my parent's insurance agency. My mom fell in love with it the day they put it in the window and my dad surprised her and bought it for her. The coffee table is octagon shaped and has a giant slate inlay.

The chandelier had a dimmer switch which was new gadget in those days.

Pictured from left to right are my sister, Rhonda, me, Aunt Mary and Aunt Robin. I think that is my Aunt Rhonda Kay smoking but I am not sure.

No comments: