Monday, June 21, 2010

My Favorite Picture of Me

I remember the day this picture was made. I was in the third grade. As my mom was getting me ready for school that day she told me to make sure the photographer had me sit a little sideways.

Now that I'm older I know she meant for me to face a little to the side in the typical photographer's pose of the time. However "I" thought she meant for me to sit sideways and no amount of cajoling from the photographer or my teacher could convince me otherwise. Finally they got tired of fooling with me and just took the picture.

I remember thinking I didn't have to smile because "you wouldn't be able to see it in the picture anyway."

When my mom got the picture she wanted to know why in the world I took a profile shot. I reminded her that she was the one who wanted me to sit sideways. I didn't understand what the big deal was. I had done what my Mommy had told me to do afterall.

No comments: