Thursday, June 24, 2010

THANK YOU MR. POLICEMAN

One time I had a flat. I jumped out of my truck to change it and I quickly saw that I didn't know how to get the spare out. It turns out it was under the truck and you had to use a tool to get it down but I had never seen that before. I started walking to the nearest pay phone which was about a mile away. After a couple of hundred yards a policeman stopped and asked me if I needed help. I told him I had a flat and I was walking to the phone to call my husband. He was nice enough to offer to drive me to the pay phone.

As I got in the car he told me not to lock the door, but of course it locked automatically because I was in the back of a police car. So that meant he had to get out and open the door for me so I could make my phone call. I called and left a message for my husband at work and the policeman took me back to my truck. I thanked him for the ride and told him that my husband would be there in an hour or so. He was in the middle of turnout and couldn't leave right when I called. Turnout is when you let all the greyhounds outside at once. There are usually between 50 and 100 of them and you NEVER leave them unattended.

When he heard that he went over and started to change the tire himself. I thanked him profusely and assurred him that I didn't mind waiting for my husband but he told me that it wasn't safe for me to be out alone. (This was in Loxahatchee, Florida - swamp country) He changed the tire for me and I went on my merry way.

SO THANK YOU MR. POLICEMAN

No comments: