Monday, July 5, 2010

My 4th.

The fireworks were glorious. (when are they not) I had a good time in spite of the fact that from the first boom I knew it would kick off my migraine - and it did. I went straight home with the intentions of going to bed but someone had kicked off the fire alarm again so there were 2 firetrucks in front of the building. This meant the elevators were closed and I had to wait 1/2 an hour before I could go to bed for the night. I'm fine this morning though.

I am going to work this morning to try to make up the hours where I missed work last week.

The fireworks made me feel nostalgic. When I was taking care of my dad we lived in Huntington, WV. We lived about 3 miles from Camden Park which is the only amusement park in WV as far as I know. One 4th. of July I walked out on our porch to see that we had a perfect view of the fireworks going off at Camden Park.

I went back inside and put Daddy in his wheelchair because he was particularly weak that day. I took him out to the sidewalk and we stood there at dusk, watching the fireworks together. He in his wheelchair and I standing beside him. It was a very close father/daughter moment for us for some reason. It was nice.

No comments: