Thursday, November 18, 2010


This story is funny, NOW, in a very perverted kind of way, but when it happened I went through the roof!

It was always my tradition when I was training dogs to invite anyone who was without family to my home for Thanksgiving (and any holiday for that matter). In the dog business there is a lot of traveling from track to track and many people who just can't get home for the holidays. I was always glad to do this - except for this one time!

It was the night before Thanksgiving and I had invited everyone to my house as usual. I was working at the track picking up dogs. I had picked up one of my dogs and I went to the water hose to hose him down when I was greeted by one of the most disgusting sights that I have ever seen in my life!

Standing in front of me, hosing his dog down was "Bear" (nickname). Bear was drunk. Not only was he drunk, he was sloppy, staggering drunk! He turned to hand me the water hose and I was greeted with the sight of his penis! Not only was it hanging out of his pants but he was actually relieving himself at same time he was turning around! I of course let out a scream of rage and fury so loud that I believe that entire compound heard me! Bear, in his drunken stupor started to apologize profusely and I guess in his mind he tried to turn away from me which only gave me a lovely profile view of him relieving himself.

I lost it! I threw one screaming, ranting fit that sent everybody scurrying in every direction once they saw what the problem was. Thankfully Bear was escorted away and someone else started to pick up his dogs for him. I could not believe that someone who was supposed to be at my home for Thanksgiving the next day was treating me with such disrespect! Thankfully he did not show the next day. Not only did he not show, but no one ever saw him at the track again.

The running joke for a week was that Bobby, my husband, had killed him and left him in a ditch somewhere. Bobby just laughed at the whole situation because he knew that I was quite capable of fighting my own battles. A couple of weeks later we found out that Bear had gone home to a track in Massachusetts. No one ever saw his face at West Palm ever again.

No comments: