Sunday, November 14, 2010

If You Don't Have Enough Sense to Be Embarrassed, I'll Be Embarrassed for You!

I went to visit my niece one day when she was 17 years old. She asked me to take her so she could take her driver's test. I was pleased to do it since I felt that she should have had her license long before this. Afterall her parents were car dealers. There was no reason she shouldn't be driving.

We went into the DMV and the guy smiled at Becca and greeted her by name. Maybe this should have been my first indication that something was wrong. She proceeded to take the test and when she stepped out of the examination room and handed the officer her test he said, "let's see how you did this time."

He checked her test and he actually burst out laughing. "You missed 14 this time, that's the worst you've ever done!" Becca wailed that she didn't understand how she could miss so many questions.

I was flabbergasted! "Just how many times have you taken your driver's test, Becca?"

"Oh, I don't know, 7 or 9 or something." She replied.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I told her, "if you don't have enough sense to be embarrassed, then I'll be embarrassed for you! If you ever want me to bring you again I will quiz you myself before I bring you down here. Haven't you read the manual?"

"ahh, you don't need to read the manual, only losers read the manual," she said.

"Well, obviously that's not true." I told her. We left the building with me just shaking my head in disbelief.

No comments: