Thursday, November 18, 2010

I got my Christmas Bonus

Today I got my Christmas bonus. Yah!

This year they gave us a $12 certificate to Kroger's to buy a turkey or whatever we want. They also gave us a $100.00 gift card to use in the store with extra large discounts for the next two weeks. They usually give us cash but this year they switched to store gift cards so we have to spend the money in the store. I usually spend mine in the store anyway so it didn't matter to me, but a lot of people complained. They should be grateful that bonuses weren't cut out completely - that's what many business have done in the past couple years.

I bought a vacuum cleaner so I can clean my truck and vacuum fatty catty to her heart's content. I got an extra long, white scarf so I could cover my nose and mouth when it gets really cold because cold air gives me chest pain. I also bought household staples that I usually can't afford. Tomorrow I will pick up a tree that they marked down to $25 because the lights don't work on it as well as a bracelet that I have been wanting for awhile.

That's the end of $100.00.

Next week they will give us a party and certificates for free tea and chips and probably a store sweatshirt or something.

I think it was a very nice Christmas bonus. Especially considering the fact that I am only part-time.

No comments: