Saturday, June 18, 2011

Nobody in My Family Died During the Ice Age...

...we store fat as easily as a hot knife cuts butter!

I have to look at the bright side to my body's fat storing capabilities. Otherwise I would be so depressed that it just wouldn't be funny. I diet and diet and diet for weeks and loose weight doing it. The trouble is I find it in one day and it never comes back off that fast.

sigh

One of my doctors suggested lap band surgery. I used to be against it but now I would be all for it if I could pay for it. There have been 7 or 8 people in my family who have either had lap band surgery or a gastric bypass. Only one of them has had any problem from it and she says that her weight loss made even those problems worth having.

So, I'm working on saving for the surgery since I don't seem to be able to lose the weight on my own. There are several others in my family as well who want to have the surgery. My doctor was fascinated to learn that it was such a problem in the family and that my relatives had such good success with the surgery.

There has to be a genetic component to such prolific fat storage capacity. In the meantime, I'll keep working on losing weight the old fashioned way.

No comments: