Monday, August 1, 2011

There was something in the air...

I, my cousin Little Man and my Aunt Mary, all eloped on the same day, September 24, 1982.

None of us knew the other was eloping.

I used to be able to brag that my marriage was the only one that lasted. They were each divorced in the first 5 years of their marriage. However Little Man is now remarried to his first wife and My Aunt Mary may as well be still married to Doug as they are basically still together even though they are officially divorced.

My marriage dissolved after 13 years. We have no contact whatsoever now. We didn't speak at all for the first 10 years after the divorce. Last year I contacted him when I thought I was dying because I wanted to give him a few mementoes that I thought he might want because they will probably just throw my stuff away after I die.

Apparently he wasn't interested.

No comments: