Monday, October 31, 2011

My Scariest Ouija Board Experience Ever!!!

When my friend Sherri and I were in the 6th. grade we were doing the Ouija board. No one else was home. I started to ask the board questions about itself. The spirit said her name was Sandra Woodlawn and she was burned at the stake when she was 18 years old. I asked her to give us proof of her presence.

The board spelled out for us to go to the basement, wait 5 minutes, turn out the lights, shut the door then she would give us a sign. Sherri and I went to the basement, shut the door, turned out the lights and got so scared that we ran out after about 30 seconds. We went back to the Ouija board and asked her to make the time shorter. The Ouija board said for us to go to the basement, shut the door, turn out the lights, COUNT TO 10 and then she would give us a sign. We complied even though we were absolutely scared out of our minds. We stood at the foot of the stairs, huddled together, holding each others hands and counted to 10 out loud.

As soon as we said 10 there was a long, slow, screeching scratch down the wall right beside of the door! It went from floor to ceiling (the ceiling was about 15 foot tall in that basement). It sounded like somebody scratching a chalkboard with their fingernails. Needless to say we were terrified. We hesitated at first to run out the door, but it was the only way out. We ran completely out of the house!

I had to figure out what to do because there was no way I was going to be able to sleep in my house that night. We went back to the Ouija board and it made all sorts of awful threats about what it was going to do that night. I asked how to get rid of the spirit in the house. It said to go in the basement and pour the water in a circle around one of the posts in there. Sherri refused to go back down there with me but she did agree to stand watch at the door while I carried out the dreaded task.

I raced down the stairs. I took a pitcher of water and I hurriedly flung it in a circle around the closest pole. I raced back out of the basement and Sherri slammed the door behind me! There was a gap at the bottom of the door about an inch wide. Sherri and I bent down and looked through the crack. There was steam rising in the far corner of the basement.

To this very day when Sherri and I happen to run into each other and we are reminiscing about our childhood. When one of us says "Do you remember...". We both start laughing hysterically and our eyes shine with the knowledge that something absolutely mystical and awful happened to us that day.

No comments: