Sunday, July 29, 2012

What Great Olympians Do You Remember?

I remember watching Olga Korbut and the entire Russian team for that matter. I may not remember their names but I can still see their faces.

I watched Mark Spitz get all 7 medals

I remember Bruce Jenner and Dwight Stones.

I remember Vasily Alexiev (sp) Russian Weightlifter

I watched Sugar Ray Leonard and Mike Spinx get the gold

I watched Florence Griffith Joyner and Carl Lewis slay everybody on the track

I watched Nadia get her 10's.

I also saw Bart Conner and Kurt Thomas rule the Men's Gymnastics. Kurt Thomas invented the Thomas Flair...the first time I saw someone have a move named after them.

I watched Greg Louganis dive to perfection and did my best (always falling short) to dive just like him.

I watched Abibi Bekela (sp) win the marathon barefooted.

so many more that I just can't think of right now. I lived for the Olympics and we would go out and start training every 4 years. Sometimes it would last for months!




No comments: