Sunday, August 29, 2010

"I'll be going to that big carlot in the sky"

That was one of my dad's favorite quotes. He also would say, "I'll be going to that big dogtrack in the sky," when he was winning big.

Another of his patented quotes was, "Money isn't everything - health is 2%." He later revised that in his later years and his health was failing seriously. Then the quote was, "money isn't everything - health is 10%"

He used to floor the doctors with his sense of humor. One day he looked at his podiatrist (who was trying desperately to save his one remaining foot) and said, "I am on the amputation diet. 20 lbs. at one WHACK!" I thought the doctor was going to choke himself to death with laughter.

This is the same doctor who upon seeing that yet another treatment had failed to heal my dad's foot said to him, "well, that's why they call it PRACTICING medicine."

YOU GOTTA HAVE A LITTLE HUMOR IN LIFE OR YOU'LL GO CRAZY

No comments: