Monday, September 13, 2010

I Watched Them Hit My Car and I Didn't Even Know It

When I was in high school I decided to walk off the island after school one day and do some shopping in town. As I was walking I had to go past my car but I was about 50 yards away. A school bus was slowly going past my car and I heard the kids yelling that the driver was hitting my car but I thought they were just playing and I went on downtown.

Later when I returned to my car I went to open the door and it wouldn't open. I looked down to see that the whole side of my red car had been sideswiped and it was covered with yellow paint. I couldn't believe it! She had hit my car afterall and if I hadn't seen what happened then I wouldn't have known who had done it.

I had to get in on the passenger side and I went straight to the bus garage. When I told them what happened they told me I was lying. They said that particular bus was broke down in Crooked Creek. I explained that she had hit me about an hour before that and I didn't realize what had actually happened at the time. They really thought I was lying when I told them that story.

They investigated and saw the yellow paint on my car. Later they saw the red paint on the bus. It didn't matter though. When I told my dad what happened he said he would just fix it himself. He said the school board had better things to spend money on than my car.

That was that.

No comments: