Friday, October 1, 2010

Books that Meant the World to Me When I Was Growing Up

1. Walking Tall - I read it about 10 times

2. Christy - I read it at least 4 times

3. The whole Black Stallion Series

4. Any Biography or Autobiography

5. Cammie's Choice, Cammie's Challenge and there was a third one in the series that I can't recall the name of. It was about a girl that wanted to ride hunters (horses) and the work she did to make her dream come alive.

6. All Creatures Great and Small, All Creatures Bright and Beautiful and the rest of the James Herriot collection.

7. Loves Tender Fury - the first romance novel that my mom allowed me to read (7th. grade). I read all 500 pages in one day on our way back from Florida.

8. The Alfred Hitchcock Mysteries ( a series about child private eyes)

9. The Girl Who Owned a City and Zanballer - books where girls ran the show

10. My prized possession was my bookshelf. I had a collection of over 300 books and I treasured each and every one of them. I read a book a day, sometimes more, for years. No one ever saw me without a book in my hands. The library was my favorite place and the apple tree next door. I would sit up in a crook in the tree and read and eat apples to my hearts content.

No comments: