Tuesday, October 26, 2010

You Know You're Old When...

I was spending the night at a friends house. It was the kind of house where there were always people coming and going and nobody thought anything about it.

I kind of woke up to see one of her husband's cousins standing at the foot of the couch where I was sleeping. I went back to sleep. A short time later I felt a hand on my shoulder shaking me to wake me up.

I looked up to see the cousin standing over me. He was around 18 years old.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Let's me and you go upstairs," he said.

"And do what?!?" I demanded.

"Anything you want," he smiled down at me.

"I'm already doing what I want!" I said as I flopped over on the couch and promptly went back to sleep.

Now that I look back on it, I wonder if I missed a good opportunity...probably not.

No comments: