Thursday, March 17, 2011

Good Deeds are Piling Up On Me

I guess I've made some good friends since I've been at Lee Terrace. I decided to accept Eddie's offer and I took the loan and paid off my truck. The bank said I should have the title in about 3 weeks once they have crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's on the paperwork. I hope they aren't trying to pull a fast one. We'll see.

Then Bob, another friend, stopped me today. He asked me if I could use some meat. I knew I could but I thought he meant for me to pay for it and I didn't know what to say. I told him it was a nice offer and he saw my hesitation and told me that it was free. He had some extra in his freezer and he had checked out my blog and saw I was having a hard time because of my truck he decided to offer some to me. He gave me a bag full of chicken breasts, pork chops, steak and sausage. He also gave me a $10 gift card to Walmart. He said he had had it awhile and he never went to Wally World. He told me to use it to buy some vegetables. It was very nice of him considering that we only speak about every few months or so.

Then Fruth called. They had 35 dozen eggs for me to give out. I went and picked them up. Then called a few friends in the building and spread the word. They were gone in about 45 minutes. Eddie was kind enough to knock on a few doors and let people know who wouldn't have found out otherwise. He also delivered a few dozen to a couple of people who can't get out even to come downstairs to my truck. I am not able to do that much walking myself so it was a great help to give them out. Today would be the first day that it was going to get to 70 degrees this spring.

As usual I had to call down a couple of people who were greedy and wanted to take more than a dozen. A dozen eggs is plenty for one person! I gave Bob a roll of venison with his eggs since he gave me so much meat. He said he hadn't had any deer meat in awhile so he was happy. I had plenty of deer meat that my aunt and uncle had given me. I thought I was going to have to eat all of it this month. I was going to be really sick of it if that had been the case.

Now I am over the hump. I will be comfortable this month. There will be no suffering in Pamville now.

No comments: