Wednesday, March 16, 2011

SHE CAME AT ME LIKE A RAGING BULL

One time I stayed late at work to finish a project I was working on. This was back in the days when I actually worked at my job and didn't go just to hang out. I told my boss not to lock me in the store (I had that happen once) that I would be working on the floor while everybody else counted their drawers.

I was working away, All of a sudden I heard crashing and running footsteps and I looked up to see Lou, who is a big a woman as I am, charging at me full speed with a murderous expression on her face. I took a few steps back and exclaimed, "What the hell are you doing?" I couldn't figure out for the life of me what her problem was.

"YOU!" She yelled at me! "What in the world are you doing here?"

"I'm working," I replied. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Oh my God. We saw someone's feet on the security monitors and thought somebody was in here robbing the place."

Then I got mad. "Well what were you going to do if I was a robber? If I had been you could have been killed. You know better than to challenge some crazy robber, you're supposed to lock the door and call the police. What if I had been that oxycontin robber? You would be dead by now!" (there had been a rash of robberys at local drug stores for oxycontin pills at the time)

Then I said, "besides that, I TOLD Kim I was out here working anyway."

Lou said, "Kim forgot you were here. She was scared to death that we were being robbed too!"

"Well, at least she would be alive. She didn't come out here like a crazy person to challenge somebody over a bunch of stuff that wasn't even hers!"

Then we both started laughing. We still laugh about it sometimes.

No comments: