Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My New Heart Monitor is Getting Results!

Last night they sent me a portable heart monitor in the mail and I hooked it up. I have worn heart monitors before but only in the hospital when I was stuck in bed watching tv for 4 or 5 days. I am wearing this one at home and the data is transmitted to the company who then relays information to my doctor. They can also send messages to me as necessary.

(Isn't technology an amazing thing!)

The first thing this morning I had a call from my heart doctor. He didn't bother to identify himself and I was kind of taken aback when the caller asked me if I was feeling OK. I said yes and he asked me a couple of personal questions and I asked who in the world it was. Dr. Moushmoush identified himself (with a laughing apology - he thought I would know his voice).

He said my heart was beating much too slow. He sounded doubtful when I told him I felt good and he said I could go to the hospital if I wanted to for any reason. He changed one medicine again on the spot and completely stopped another one. Hopefully this is a good thing. He changed it last week when I was in his office and I haven't had an A-fib attack since. (minor heart flutters but nothing like what was happening.

I am waiting to see what happens next.

I have told them in the past that my heart was too slow at night (my pulse drops into the 30's and 40's in my sleep and my blood pressure goes down to 90/40 and 60/30) but everybody just shrugged it off and told me not to worry.

I just looked at it as my body going into hibernation every night. Maybe if my heart beats more then I will get rid of some of this fluid and I will be able to step up my activity level. GOD KNOWS I KEEP TRYING!!!!!

No comments: