Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mrs. Morningbird

When I was in grade school my mom would wake us up with Mrs. Morningbird. She come through the house whistling the whole way and calling "Mrs. Morningbird time to get up" over and over as we woke up.

At the time I hated Mrs. Morningbird but I didn't know how well I had it until I went into the 7th. grade. Then my mom gave me an old fashioned bell alarm clock and told me to get myself up.

God! What a rude awakening that was! I HATE alarm clocks to this day. I guess I loved Mrs. Morningbird so much that one time I was in Spencer's Gift's in the Mall. I saw an alarm clock called The Rock n Roll Chicken. For a couple of years I woke up to this chicken singing...

Hey Baby Wake Up...Come and Dance With Me! over and over.

I paid $58.00 for that stupid alarm clock but I loved it. Unfortunately one morning I accidentally knocked it in the floor when I was waking up and the Rock n Roll Chicken was no more.

It was a fun clock though. My nieces and nephews used to run around singing Hey Baby Wake Up...Come and Dance With Me! all the time too.

No comments: